Welcome to the Animation Workers Antitrust Litigation Website
If you were an employee who held an animation or visual effects job title at Blue Sky Studios, Inc., DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc., Two Pic MC LLC (f/k/a Image Movers Digital LLC), Lucasfilm, Ltd., LLC, Pixar, Sony Pictures Animation Inc., Sony Pictures Imageworks Inc., or The Walt Disney Company during the time periods set forth in the Notice, an ongoing class action lawsuit may affect your rights, and you could get money from settlements with two of the multiple defendants in the lawsuit.
- The class action lawsuit In re Animation Workers Antitrust Litigation, 14-cv-04062-LHK, claims that Blue Sky Studios, Inc. (“Blue Sky”), DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. ("DreamWorks Animation"), Two Pic MC LLC (f/k/a ImageMovers Digital LLC), Lucasfilm, Ltd., LLC, Pixar, Sony Pictures Animation Inc. and Sony Pictures Imageworks Inc. (“Sony Pictures”), and The Walt Disney Company (collectively, the “Defendants”) violated federal and state antitrust laws by conspiring to suppress compensation by agreeing not to solicit each other’s employees and by coordinating compensation policies. Defendants deny that they violated any antitrust law or engaged in any wrongdoing.
- The Honorable Lucy H. Koh of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California entered an order preliminarily approving settlements with two of the defendants in the lawsuit- Blue Sky and Sony Pictures- and certifying a Settlement Class of visual effects and animation employees who worked at any Defendant for defined periods between 2001 and 2010.
- Judge Koh also entered an order providing final approval for the Blue Sky and Sony Pictures settlements and certifying a Settlement Class of visual effects and animation employees who worked at any Defendant for defined periods between 2001 and 2010. If no appeals are taken, this order will become final on December 11, 2016, and the notice administrator will begin mailing checks to Settlement Class Members commencing in January, 2017.
- Blue Sky has settled for $5,950,000, and Sony Pictures has settled for $13,000,000. The remaining defendants (DreamWorks Animation, Two Pic MC LLC (f/k/a ImageMovers Digital LLC), Lucasfilm, Ltd., LLC, Pixar, and The Walt Disney Company) have not settled (collectively the “Non-Settling Defendants”). However, if you were an employee for any of the Defendants listed above and held an animation or visual effects job title during the time period listed below, you may be entitled to compensation. A list of job titles is attached in the List of Job Titles by Defendant.
- If you are a Settlement Class Member, you have a right to participate in both Settlements.
- Judge Koh has also entered an order certifying a Litigation Class of visual effects and animation employees in the lawsuit who worked at any Defendant for defined periods between 2004 and 2010. This class of employees will continue the lawsuit against the Non-Settling Defendants. It is smaller than the settlement class because it excludes employees who worked for a Defendant between 2001 and 2003 but did not work for a Defendant during the defined periods between 2004 and 2010.
Please read the Notice for further information.
If you wish to update your address or view your eligible positions, please Log In with the ID and Access provided in your Notice.
Opt-Out Deadline: September 30, 2016
Objection Deadline: September 30, 2016
Final Approval Hearing: November 10, 2016 at 1:30 p.m.